[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Info on using the AuthCookie in M2Crypto

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at NETMEMETIC.COM
Thu Aug 19 17:43:19 CEST 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 09:47:59AM +0200, Marco Bizzarri wrote:
> Now, my questions are regarding how much the AuthCookie are pyhton
> cookies. Digging into the code, I can see they use the a Cookie
> (actually, a SmartCookie) inside.
>
> However, the SmartCookie interface is not available. Therefore, if you
> want a cookie sent only on a secure connection, you have to access the
> _cookie field. Of course this is possible, but I feel it should be
> better integrated inside the AuthCookie class...

I was checking out Webware when I wrote AuthCookies. Webware (at that time
about v0.6) has its own cookie implementation, also based on SmartCookie,
IIRC, but with more methods. Because I wasn't sure how to make them all
play nicely, I did not attempt to provide a public interface to
AuthCookie's underlying cookie implementation. (At least, this is how I
remember it. ;-)

Do feel free to add public methods to AuthCookie. TIA for your patch! ;-)

> Just a few thought for discussions, however. I think M2Crypto is a great
> python package.

Thanks. Cheers.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at netmemetic.com>