[PYTHON-CRYPTO] A Python crypto project on slashdot

Bram Cohen bram at GAWTH.COM
Sat Mar 23 05:16:36 CET 2002

Bram Cohen wrote:

> I'd have done it a few days ago, but I was, you know, getting
> slashdotted.

The project I got slashdotted for is actually topical here -

http://slashdot.org/developers/02/03/20/0143248.shtml?tid=156

It's written in Python, except for a small bit of encryption code in C
which is there because there's none in the standard libs (that's actually
why I'm on this list, to try to get it into the standard libs).

Notably, none of the CPUs involved so much as flinched, even though they
were pushing through as much as 10 megabits per second at times. (It's a
tool for distributing load, but hey, it can't hurt to contribute a decent
amount for the demo anyway :-) )

-Bram Cohen

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent"
                                        -- John Maynard Keynes