[PYTHON-CRYPTO] aes library

Bram Cohen bram at GAWTH.COM
Wed Apr 3 20:15:15 CEST 2002

Zooko wrote:

> I'm always wary of APIs that are designed "top down" without an implementation,
> of course.

I've written block cipher APIs at least three times.

> My personal plan for new crypto in Python remains to wrap Crypto++
> with Boost and following the Crypto++ API as much as possible.

I've wrapped part of Crypto++ before. If my memory serves, it has a very
similar approach to the one I'm suggesting.

My main objection to using Crypto++ at all is that it's a bloated pig of a
C++ library.

-Bram Cohen

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent"
                                        -- John Maynard Keynes