[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Near-term projects for pycrypto

Michael Ströder michael at STROEDER.COM
Wed Nov 21 22:06:27 CET 2001

Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 05:52:38PM -0000, Paul Rubin wrote:
> >3) Supporting the OpenSSL stuff is IMO only worthwhile if the intention
> >is to support actual SSL.
>
> That's a good question; should we concentrate on wrapping OpenSSL or
> some other library?  If we wrap OpenSSL, , for example, then the
> mxCrypto code can be used.

Well, we already had this discussion. Some applications might prefer
to only use a small subset of crypto algorithms while other
applications are in the need of a full-blown implementation of a
cryptographic protocol. Some applications might have difficulties
with C extension modules at all, etc.

This lead to thinking about drivers for hashes, PRNGs, crypto
algorithms and protocols. Remember?

Ciao, Michael.