[PYTHON-CRYPTO] New release of BitTorrent out

Bram Cohen bram at GAWTH.COM
Sat Jun 30 00:07:14 CEST 2001

I've put up a new release, you can get it here -

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/BitTorrent-01-00-01.tar.gz

It's also now the one linked off the BitTorrent pages.

This is a bug fix release - it no longer hoses the CPU after connection
fails, and doesn't throw an exception when an upload connection hasn't
gotten it's status set yet.

The next version will include copying of comments from blobs_want to
blobs_have, instructions when you execute with inappropriate parameters,
and (hopefully) crypto in C.

That last one I could use some help with - if anyone throws together a
public domain distutils-ified C implementation of StreamEncrypter.py, I'll
include it immediately (should be fairly straightforward - it's just
rijndael in counter mode). Otherwise it's dependant on me successfully
bugging my younger brother to write one.

-Bram Cohen

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent"
                                        -- John Maynard Keynes