[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Better Python Crypto.

Bram Cohen bram at GAWTH.COM
Mon Jun 18 19:13:43 CEST 2001

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Mark Brady wrote:

> Has anyone looked into wrapping Crypto++
> (http://www.eskimo.com/~weidai/cryptlib.html)

Yeah, I wrapped Crypto++ for a previous project, and it was a disaster -
Crypto++ itself is 'well written', meaning it uses lots of operator
overloading, and templates, and skads of C++ garbage which has the
'amusing' effect of making you have to recompile for redhat and debian.

I'd say Crypto++ is well written, but doing it in C++ was a bad idea.

-Bram Cohen

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent"
                                        -- John Maynard Keynes