[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Interoperation with GnuPG

Dan Parisien dan at eevolved.com
Fri Feb 16 05:22:35 CET 2001

> I am trying to write a cryptographic application that uses GnuPG keys for
> signatures.  Is there a portable way to access the GnuPG keyring and do
> signing, verification, and key import/export?

Hello Andrew.

I searched GPG on freshmeat.net and came upon

http://freshmeat.net/projects/privacyguardglue/

"Privacy Guard Glue is a well-designed library written in C to add GnuPG
support to applications. PGG was designed to provide an easy-to-use and
robust interface for GnuPG. PGG totally hides the complicated and error prone
coprocessing interface of GnuPG and frees the caller of all GnuPG specific
tasks and implementation details."

You could couple this with

http://www.swig.org

"SWIG is a software development tool that connects programs written in C,
C++, and Objective-C with a variety of high-level programming languages. SWIG
is primarily used with common scripting languages such as Perl, Python,
Tcl/Tk, Ruby, and Guile but has also been extended to include languages such
as Java and Eiffel"

Hope this helps,
Dan