[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Requirements

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at CNRI.RESTON.VA.US
Tue Feb 13 04:43:08 CET 2001

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 08:37:15PM -0500, Dan Parisien wrote:
>If we do it for python crypto, why not do it for all python modules? I also
>don't see how this is feasible considering the only implementation idea I
>have involves making the python crypto coder register his module with some
>central registry (extreme yuck)...

Not necessarily; consider Unicode codecs again.  The codecs module has a
register() function for adding a search function.  When you request a codec,
all the registered search functions are called until one returns a match. In
Python 2.1, .pth files can contain code, so a .pth file installed by the
package could automatically register a new search function.

--amk