[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Hashing modules

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at CNRI.RESTON.VA.US
Mon Feb 12 17:30:59 CET 2001

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 01:55:38AM -0500, Dan Parisien wrote:
>I was trying to show that I think a 'new' method is superfluous. I don't know
>why you didn't make it a class instantiation.

It's hard to say now; to repeat, all this code was written when I was
younger and stupider.  Probably it's because the hash methods were a
pure C extension, and writing true classes in C would be tedious;
extensions almost always implement types.

--amk