[PYTHON-CRYPTO] SIG thoughts. [ replies to AMK ]

Rich Salz rsalz at CAVEOSYSTEMS.COM
Fri Feb 9 01:46:32 CET 2001

> > write: cipher_mod = crypto.find_alg('aes')

> I fail to see how this is any more efficient or convenient than:
>
> [ exaggerated naming convention ]
>
> from crypto import aes
> from crypto import aesOptimizedCImplementation
> from crypto import aesHardwareImplementation

The first method allows system defaults to set up "best" criteria for an
algorithm.

The second method requires every crypto application to be intimately
aware of host configuration issues.

The pyXML folks got the "find implementation" stuff exactly right.
        /r$