[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Current state of the art?

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at CNRI.RESTON.VA.US
Wed Feb 7 23:52:34 CET 2001

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 09:32:12AM +1100, Richard Jones wrote:
>I'm specifically interested in OpenPGP from Python, but am curious where
>other systems stand.

I wrote a module for controlling a GPG subprocess, because GPG has a
nice interface for being executed that way, but it only handles
verifying signatures because that's all I needed.  Someone took the
code and started a SourceForge project
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/python-gpg/) with the goal of working
on it further, but hasn't actually done anything with it.

Some really old code for generating PGP packets in pure Python exists,
but it's doubtless far out of date with the current OpenPGP spec.

--amk