[python-crypto] Add AES to amkCrypto?

Bryan Olson bolson at certicom.com
Thu Feb 1 02:06:36 CET 2001

> Quoting Bryan Olson <bolson at certicom.com>:
> > The amkCrypto interface is terrible [...]
>
> So does that mean you'd be interested in helping write the API?  I'd really
> be interested in having you help, it's nice to have someone with a totally
> different opinion.  Let me know if you're interested. (or anyone else for
> that matter)

Sure.  I myself didn't know there was much interest.

My own vision is a library that is lucid at every level.  Most
libraries I've worked with are focused on one kind of task,
and lower layers are a mess if they're exposed at all.

I'd like to have a pure-Python version.  For block ciphers and
other primitives where Python is a factor of hundreds slower
than C, the library should look for an extension module, but
fall back to pure Python if none is found.

> > NIST is holding workshops on modes of operation [...]
> Do you have any more information on these workshops?  A URL?

http://csrc.nist.gov/encryption/modes/

--Bryan

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details