[python-committers] [Python-Dev] PEP 581 (Using GitHub issues for CPython) is accepted

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Wed May 15 10:56:05 EDT 2019

Hi Paul,
Le mer. 15 mai 2019 à 11:40, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> a écrit :
> Also, is there an archive of the discussions anywhere? The PEP says
> discussions happened on Zulip, but I don't follow that and I don't
> know where I can find an archived copy of the discussions.

Well, the PEP has been discussed a lot at many places since May 2018.

The PEP 581 has been (first?) discussed at the Language Summit which
was part of Pycon US 2018 (May 2018).

Discussion on the PR:

https://github.com/python/peps/pull/681/

Multiple threads on Discourse:

https://discuss.python.org/t/move-pep-581-discussion/873
https://discuss.python.org/t/pep-581-using-github-issues/535
https://discuss.python.org/t/what-are-next-steps-for-pep-581/864
https://discuss.python.org/t/pep-process-after-pep-8016/558/4

Thread on python-dev:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2019-March/156626.html

Threads on python-committers:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-committers/2018-May/005428.html
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-committers/2018-June/005506.html
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-committers/2018-July/005657.html

Discussion on Zulip Chat:

https://python.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/130206-pep581

The Steering Council discussed it internally as well:

https://github.com/python/steering-council/blob/master/updates/2019-04-26_steering-council-update.md

The PEP 581 and 588 have been discussed at the Language Summit which
was part of Pycon US 2019 (2 weeks ago).

Victor