[python-committers] Votes on new core dev candidates

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Mar 25 05:17:25 EDT 2019

I must say, I'm a bit surprised by the discussion around the voting
process and the candidates.

First, we've been complaining about lack of core devs for a long
time. Now we have two great candidates with proven track record of
contributing to Python and people complain again. As a small group,
we need to attract more capable people and such push back
is not a very productive way of doing so.

Second, as in any vote, no one should feel pushed to comment or
even argue for his or her opinion on a candidate. People nominating
a candidate are the ones who need to write this up, but not the
other group members. A vote to accept someone to a group is a
personal opinion and should be respected as such.

If people feel they need more guidance, they should ask the ones
who nominated the candidates - in public or in private. Because the
candidates themselves cannot comment (at least not on this list;
don't know about discourse), such discussions have to be
moderated by the nominating parties with care.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Mar 25 2019)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/