[python-committers] Promote Stefan Behnel as a core developer

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Mar 24 16:16:49 EDT 2019

I am forwarding this response by Stefan to my previous response since he
cannot post directly.  [I cannot thread this properly because I have not
yet received a copy of what I sent, as sometimes happens on this list.)
---

Hi Terry!

(python-committers is a closed list, so I'm replying directly)

Terry Reedy schrieb am 24.03.19 um 19:27:
 > On 3/24/2019 12:14 PM, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
 >> I propose to promote Stefan Behnel (aka scoder on the tracker and
 >> GitHub) as a core developer.
 >
 > Have you asked Stefan if he would like the privilege, accept it, and
 > would at least occasionally use it?

Yes, we discussed it. I would be happy to receive the privilege, and
"occasionally" use it.

 > In other words, he has been more active with the core than most other
 > 'ecosystem' developers and thus seems like a better candidate than most
 > to join the core, even if his main focus remains on cython and lxml.

Thanks! Yes, that sums it up quite well, I think.

Stefan