[python-committers] Cheryl Sabella promoted as core dev

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 12:19:32 EST 2019

Hi,

I opened a vote during 1 week to promote Cheryl Sabella. She got the
excellent score of 21 “+1” vs 0 “-1” with very encouraging comments.
Moreover, the Steering Council accepted the vote.
https://discuss.python.org/t/vote-to-promote-cheryl-sabella-as-a-core-developer/862

Welcome aboard Cheryl!

I offered to mentor her for one month to guide her in her new
responsibilities. For example, I asked her to ask me before merging a
pull request.

Cheryl: Would you like to introduce yourself shortly?

--

I sent an email to GitHub admins to add her to the GitHub python-core
the meanwhile, I added her in copy of this email.

Ah, I already added her to
https://discuss.python.org/groups/committers and switcher the
"committer" bit in her https://bugs.python.org/user25861 account :-)

Victor