[python-committers] Can we choose between mailing list and discuss.python.org?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed Feb 13 19:25:28 EST 2019

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 12:13:35AM +0100, Victor Stinner wrote:
> Can the mailing list admin please move this sub-discussion about
> thread vs flat into a new thread? I explicitly asked to please not
> discuss advantages and disadvantages of mailing list vs Discourse
> here:

Sadly, when you start a public discussion, you cannot control the
direction that others take that discussion. You can only go with the
flow, or resist, with as much grace as you can manage.

> "Please don't start a thread about the advantages and disavantages of
> mailing lists and Discourse. It has been discussed multiple times.
> There is a dedicated section on discuss.python.org!"

So, only those using Discourse are allowed to discuss the pros and cons
of using Discourse? That might be a bit biased.

> I only asked *how can we take a decision*?

The more important question is "is now the right time to make a
decision?"

--
Steven