[python-committers] Can we choose between mailing list and discuss.python.org?

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Wed Feb 13 15:50:07 EST 2019

Le 13/02/2019 à 21:31, Gregory P. Smith a écrit :

>     I know I can browse easily through a 161-message mailing-list or
>     newsgroup thread using a traditional threaded view, read what I want,
>     come back later to read the rest, etc.  But Discourse's linear
>     presentation pretty much kills that ability.  It doesn't even allow
>     *seeing* the structure of the discussion.
>
> Neither does my email client.  It never will, nor can we require mailing
> list participants to use any specific type of email client.

Apparently you're saying that just because you can't/don't want to use a
more appropriate tool, other people shouldn't be able too.  That sounds
ridiculous to me.  Use an inferior tool if you want, but don't force
other people to.

> Remember, we could still be using cvs.  Lets not be that project.

Well, you're the one using an inferior e-mail client while better
options are available, IIUC.  Perhaps you are part of those CVS-liking
people? ;-)

Regards