[python-committers] Council / board (Was: 1 week to Oct 1)

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Sep 25 12:18:06 EDT 2018

On 25.09.2018 16:28, Mariatta Wijaya wrote:
> My proposal is taking into consideration The PSF's mission and diversity
> statement. I will not remove the diversity clause from PEP 8011.

I cannot comment on what you actually have in PEP 8011 as
diversity clause, since the page is just a placeholder at the
moment, but please take into consideration that we're *not* debating a
council which is to represent the Python community or other group of
people.

The council is intended to be a technical body for steering language
design and needs experts as members who we all trust and respect
to make good decisions - regardless of any other criteria and,
of course, open to all core developers, regardless of background
(which is what the PSF diversity statement is all about).

> To save us all trouble of discussing this particular issue, for those of
> you who disagree completely, and have other ideas about how you'd like
> Python to be governed and who should be in it, you can do one or more of
> the following:
>
> - not vote on my PEP
> - vote on the other PEPs
> - write their own PEP

I think we're grown up enough to work on these PEPs together and
in the usual spirit of coming up with good solutions. We owe
this to the Python community at large who will be affected by
whatever we decide. Personal agendas should put be aside for
the time being.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Sep 25 2018)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/