[python-committers] Fw: CoC violation (was: Retire or reword the "Beautiful is better than ugly" Zen clause)

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Fri Sep 21 07:01:12 EDT 2018

> On Sep 21, 2018, at 6:55 AM, Christian Heimes <christian at python.org> wrote:
>
> I don't understand why you are drawing the reverse conclusion here. Can
> you give me one concrete example, in which a French, German, or any
> other non-US American taboo was violated and not counteracted with swift
> reaction?

Right, I would assume that if someone knowingly posted a similar post, but using say a French taboo, the same would have happened. The key thing is that the author obviously *knew* it was a taboo, it wasn’t an accident. If someone accidentally posted something like that, then I presume the outcome would be something more like a warning and telling them not to do it again— for any culture’s taboo.