[python-committers] PEP 8015: Organization of the Python community

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Mon Oct 15 05:35:25 EDT 2018

Le 15/10/2018 à 10:30, Victor Stinner a écrit :

>>> The organization of this workgroup is defined by the
>>> `ConductWG Charter <https://wiki.python.org/psf/ConductWG/Charter>`_.
>>
>> Is this here to mean the expectation that the conduct WG will manage CoC issues for the core development team?
>
> I don't want to put this responsibility on the board. So yes,
> conflicts between core developers will be handled by the conduct WG.

How does that work?  The conduct WG doesn't even seem to have published
procedures.  Also we cannot expect them to follow the history of
interpersonal interactions in Python core development.

> But I'm open to other propositions how to handle such conflict :-)

If something is required, I would suggest some kind of ethical committee
that would be comprised of core developers.  I would also suggest their
mission to focus on appeasement rather than punishment.

Regards