[python-committers] Timeline to vote for a governance PEP

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 07:08:38 EST 2018

Le sam. 3 nov. 2018 à 03:37, Victor Stinner <vstinner at redhat.com> a écrit :
> According to the PEP 8001: "The vote will happen in a 2-week-long
> window from November 16 2018 to November 30 (Anywhere-on-Earth)." It's
> now in less than two weeks.

It seems like the vote is going to start tomorrow, but see discussions at:

- https://discuss.python.org/t/does-the-nov-16-nov-30-voting-timeframe-still-work/434
- https://discuss.python.org/t/pep-801x-authors-are-you-on-track-for-the-vote-between-nov-16-nov-30/432

For the 3 core developers (on 95) who didn't fill their email address
in the voters repository, please do so! (I sent you an email :-))

=> https://github.com/python/voters/issues/1

Note: This repository is private and will remain private, only
accessible to core developers (to not leak your email addresses).

> I see that the PEP 8001 is still being updated (voting method). Should
> we still expect new changes before the vote starts? Can we set a
> deadline, like November 15 (Anywhere-on-Earth)?
> (...)
> What is the deadline to submit new governance PEP and to update
> governance PEPs? November 15 (Anywhere-on-Earth)?

It seems like today is last day to update the 80xx PEPs (8 PEPs: 8001
and 8010..8016). Hurry up if you want to push a last minute change :-)
(Obvious, it's ok if your PEP doesn't need changes anymore ;-))

--

Again, I share the link to my comparison of the 7 governance PEPs:

https://discuss.python.org/t/comparison-of-the-7-governance-peps/392

Please update it (any core dev can modify the first message, it's a
wiki!) if my comparison is inaccurate/out of date. Or add a comment if
you are not sure.

Obviously, only PEPs should be used to take your decision (vote). My
comparison only exists to have a quick overview, but I expect that you
all will ready all PEPs, right? :-D

Victor