[python-committers] Timeline to vote for a governance PEP

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 14:22:38 EST 2018

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 at 19:11, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

>> Anyhow, this is probably a bit off-topic again.
>
> Yes, but that's a drawback to mailing lists in my opinion and it's hard to avoid. :)

I did consider what I would have done on Discourse, and came to the
conclusion that I would have done exactly the same - I've no idea how
Discourse would help with a "here's some things I thought of that I
felt needed saying while reading this thread" post. Obviously I could
move the reply to a new topic, but I could just as easily have changed
the subject in the mailing list. So without meaning to ignore your
smiley, I don't think it's really a fault with mailing lists, just
with how people discuss things ;-)

Paul