[python-committers] A different way to focus discussions

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu May 24 12:54:19 EDT 2018

On Tue, 22 May 2018 at 13:10 Antoine Pitrou <antoine at python.org> wrote:

> Le 22/05/2018 à 22:06, Brett Cannon a écrit :
> >

> > On Tue, 22 May 2018 at 12:07 Antoine Pitrou <antoine at python.org
> > <mailto:antoine at python.org>> wrote:
> >

> >     Le 22/05/2018 à 20:58, Barry Warsaw a écrit :
> >     >
> >     >> Thoughts? (We can dogfood this proposal too, if there's interest.
> :-)
> >     >
> >     > I don't know whether this will help focus rambling PEP
> >     discussions.  I personally don't love the linearity of GH comments.
> >     Threading is useful!
> >
> >     What has become of the Discourse experiment?
> >

> > A Discourse experiment was never started. If you mean Zulip it's still
> > going at python.zulipchat.com <http://python.zulipchat.com>.
>
> I meant this, whatever it was: https://discuss.python.org/ :-)

Ah, that never went anywhere because it was just a short experiment that
the overload-sig did. If people wanted to do a serious experiment with it
then we can discuss it over on core-workflow.

> I don't think Zulip works for structured discussion.  I also find it
> slightly less usable than I expected.

Why specifically? Do you still find IRC more usable? Just trying to
understand how Discourse would be different enough to solve the issue
you're having.

-Brett