[python-committers] A different way to focus discussions

Ivan Levkivskyi levkivskyi at gmail.com
Fri May 18 18:58:32 EDT 2018

I would like to clarify, what would be a typical time-line for a PEP? Will
it look like this:

0. Preliminary discussions to determine whether an idea is PEP-worthy (can
happen anywhere, python-ideas, SIGs, even offline)
1. A PEP number is requested by a champion and assigned by a PEP editor (in
python/peps repo)
2. PEP is drafted and discussed by a narrow circle of interested
participants (happens in a separate repo)
3. When PEP is ready and polished make a PR to python/peps repo, and post
it to python-dev to get feedback (if any) from a wider audience
4. If reasonable objections appear at this step, go to step 2
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until accepted/rejected/deferred

Is this what you propose? Or you want to completely avoid posting to
python-dev?

--
Ivan