[python-committers] Can I just rerun a test on AppVeyor?

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydev at gmail.com
Thu May 17 22:36:27 EDT 2018

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 8:09 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> I can restart a test on just Travis when AppVeyor (and now MSTS) all passed.
> But for the last few hours, test_async has failed 1/4 to 1/3 of the runs.
> This means that test_async failed twice, so I suspect that it actually fails
> about half the time.  A connection error seems to be the main culprit.
>
> I could not find a rebuild button on the AppVeyor page, even after
> connecting my github account with AppVeyor.  I ended up closing and
> reopening, but this wastes resources on Travis and now MSTS.
>
> On the rerun, it failed the first time and then passed on the rerun

It is unfortunately non-obvious that you have to choose "python"
rather than your own GitHub username after clicking the "login via
GitHub" button, but after logging in that way you should have a
"Re-build PR" button at the top of the page of any PR build.

I'm not certain that permissions were set correctly before, but they
definitely should be now.

--
Zach