[python-committers] Results of the poll: Do you like the PEP 572 Assignment Expressions?

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Wed May 9 12:10:55 EDT 2018

Hi,

As announced last week, I publish the result of the poll I started on
the *current* Chris Angelico's PEP 572 "Assignment Expressions":

   https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0572/

Results:

* Like (+1): 3 (8%)
* Dislike (-1): 29 (76%)
* No opinion (0): 6 (16%)

Percents if you ignore no opinion:

* Like (+1): 3 (9%)
* Dislike (-1): 29 (91%)

Two people voted on a variant of the PEP, so I excluded from my results:

* Steven D'Aprano:  With the changes suggested by Guido, +1
* Ethan Furman: With Tim's and Guido's latest suggestions, +1

Again, it was just a poll. Not a vote. Multiple people also added a
second vote for a variant of the PEP. I only counted results on the
current PEP version.

It seems like "Tim's and Guido's latest suggestions" have big impact
and are awaited :-)

Like, vote: +1
==============

* Stefan Krah