[python-committers] Wanting to merge my first PR under github - a bit of advice

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 08:42:18 EDT 2018

On 21 March 2018 at 06:58, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Cheryl Sabella kindly migrated a patch I'd put on bpo some time ago
> but forgotten about onto github. The PR (#6158) is ready to go (I
> think) but this is the first time since the migration to github that
> I've done a merge, and I'm not quite sure what the workflow is :-( I
> didn't see much in the devguide (which covers how to write a PR, how
> to test it etc, but not so much how to merge it, unless I missed
> something, or it's so simple that the little I did find is all that's
> needed!)

You didn't miss it - https://devguide.python.org/committing/ is still
pretty much written for the old approach of merging on the command line.

So a devguide issue would definltely be appropriate, and if you're so
inclined, even a PR with the docs that you wish had existing when you
looked for them :)

Cheers,
Nick.