[python-committers] Save the date: Core developer sprints

Steve Dower steve.dower at python.org
Thu Mar 8 00:25:12 EST 2018

With similar levels of compulsion and blackmail as applied to selecting our esteemed Release Managers, it has fallen to me to organise our core developer sprints this year.

Of course I’ll be choosing a location with maximum convenience for myself, which means we are going to be in Redmond, Washington this year at the main Microsoft campus.

So far, I have locked in dates and a building. Assuming no disasters, we will have Microsoft Building 20 for our (almost) exclusive use from September 10th until the 14th. This is a set aside building for guests, which should mean no NDAs are required, and we’ll have a large space to use with a small kitchen and a few conference rooms.

That’s all the detail I have right now, but since it's being held a week later than the last two years I wanted to let people know the dates. Attendance will be by invitation with essentially the same criteria as in past years, but invites will come later (likely during or after PyCon US, but if you need confirmation of whether you’ll be invited earlier for travel/visa reasons, email me off list).

Feel free to email me if you have any questions or requests. But if you start creating too much work for me, I’ll consider that your application to join the organising committee :)

Cheers,
Steve