[python-committers] Changing commiter status

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Tue Jun 19 18:43:18 EDT 2018

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 at 13:16 Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:

> I'm happy to see you do this. It'll be very interesting what kind of
> but Mariatta probably has it already.)

WFM! Thanks, Ethan!

I guess the first step is to go through
https://bugs.python.org/user?iscommitter=1&@action=search&@sort=github&@pagesize=300
and contact the folks missing a GitHub username and to track who says "yes"
or "no" in https://devguide.python.org/developers/ in new active/emeritus
lists (opened https://github.com/python/devguide/issues/390 to track the
list change). After that would be to go through the Python Core team on
GitHub -- which should match who has a GitHub username on b.p.o -- and then
correlate that with who has committed in the last year on appropriate repos
and then reach out to those people.

-Brett