[python-committers] Changing commiter status (was: Missing In Action)

Jack Jansen jack.jansen at cwi.nl
Mon Jun 18 15:24:19 EDT 2018

I know that this is the case for me.

I wouldn’t _dream_ of committing anything (after 10 years or so) without first consulting with current core developers, etc. But formally being a Python core dev does give me status with my colleagues, students, children (well, one only), nephews and nieces, etc. and I have just enough vanity to kind of enjoy that. Just the other day a nephew took a selfie of the two of us and posted it to all friends, YES! :-)

That said: I would fully understand if my status was changed to “dormant core dev” or “retired core dev” and I wouldn’t have any problems with that.

Jack