[python-committers] number of active core devs

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Sun Jun 3 04:27:37 EDT 2018

That's not the symptom of a « 50% reduction in activity ».  10 years
ago, it was already the case that many core developers were inactive
(not necessarily the same as today!).

That said, it is true that core development activity continues to
shrink, at least according to this particular metric:
https://github.com/python/cpython/graphs/contributors

As I predicted, while being a net improvement in workflow for existing
contributors, the migration to Github doesn't seem to make CPython a
more attractive project for new contributors.

Regards

Antoine.