[python-committers] A different way to focus discussions

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Jul 11 13:38:13 EDT 2018

I like the Zulip idea, though it'll be hard to get permalinks to past
discussions.

Also, before going to python-dev it should probably be battle-tested in
python-ideas (PEP 572 wasn't ready for python-dev when it was moved there,
and I'm still recovering from the resulting brawl).

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 10:31 AM, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:

> On 07/11/2018 09:25 AM, Mariatta Wijaya wrote:
>
> Sorry to bring up this old topic.
>>
>> I'm trying to decide how to handle discussions for PEP 581, and I'm open
>> to try out new things :)
>> Are we all still content with posting to python-dev?
>> I was thinking in addition to a thread in python-dev, I want to allow
>> discussions to take place in zulip, under a new
>> #pep581 stream.
>> Will that be ok?
>>

> I think this will be a good test of Zulip, as well as incentive for folks
> to join.
>
> --
> ~Ethan~

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)