[python-committers] How to Increase Triage and Code Review Activity? (was: Vote to promote Pablo Salingo Salgado as core developer)

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 05:35:47 EDT 2018

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 1:37 AM, Eric Snow <ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com> wrote:

> The consequent question is how to get more people resolving open
> tracker issues and giving PR reviews?  Off-hand, I'm not sure. :/
> We've discussed this before and it's probably time to discuss it
> again.  Any ideas?

In 2012 point Martin Löwis had a "5-for-1" review standing offer:
anyone who reviewed five patches could get a review for a patch of
their choosing. Maybe something of the sort could work? As a
still-junior core-dev, having a way to get certain PRs I'd like to
push be reviewed by experienced core-devs would be great. Requiring me
to reduce the general review workload seems like a fair way to balance
things out.

Since I'm still not experienced enough for my review to carry very
much weight, I'd be willing to try this on a 1-to-1 basis: review any
PR or b.p.o. issue, and I'll review one of your choosing.

- Tal