[python-committers] AppVeyor is now required to pass on PRs

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 00:47:15 EST 2018

On 26 January 2018 at 07:31, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Each time I approve a backport PR created by miss-ilington with "LGTM,
> good bot", I hope secretly that the PR will be merged automatically
> once CI tests pass ;-)
>
> Is it possible to write a bot which merges a PR?

The last time we looked at this, the main technical problem was that there
wasn't a native way to pre-edit the commit message before hitting the
"Squash & Merge" button, and emulating that capability via a formatted
comment misses out on a lot of UI niceties.

So for a first pass, I think a comment from the bot saying "Approved PR
ready for merge" and mentioning the committers that left approving reviews
would be a good way to go (I know Sanyam had to ping me on a couple of
issues because I'd approved them, but switched to doing something else
because CI was still running, and then never got back to actually merge
them).

Cheers,
Nick.