[python-committers] AppVeyor is now required to pass on PRs

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu Jan 25 13:52:02 EST 2018

On Wed, 24 Jan 2018 at 10:12 Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> AppVeyor usually takes between 30 min and 1 hour to check a PR,
> whereas Travis CI takes between 10 and 20 minutes (in average,
> ignoring rare cases when it's broken). AppVeyor queue is regulary
> busy.
>
> Sometimes, I know that my PR is right, because the fix is obvious.
> Sometimes, the PR has no impact on Windows. In these cases, the slow
> AppVeyor CI can be annoying since it prevents me to merge a PR.
>
> What do you think of making AppVeyor optional again? Careful core
> developers should wait for AppVeyor, except if they know that Windows
> doesn't matter for a specific PR.

No one has spoken up so I guess everyone else is okay with the delay ATM.
My worry with flipping it off and trusting ourselves this close to the beta
is the last time I did that people didn't wait and we landed breaking
changes. So unless other people speak up that the delay is a hindrance I'm
inclined to leave it until we at least get past the beta.

-Brett