[python-committers] Issues with hundreds of commits being opened and closed -- what's going on?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Feb 15 19:59:59 EST 2018

On 2/15/2018 7:42 PM, Mariatta Wijaya wrote:
> I've also created https://github.com/python/bedevere/issues/69 so that
> the review requests from such PRs can be dismissed automatically.

This is a great improvement over the PR being left open until someone
manually closes it.

> Not sure if there's anything else we can do.

We need GH to provide a hook so that our bot could vet a proposed PR
*before* it is created and the review notices sent out (by GH).

> Will it help when bedevere close the PR, it can leave a comment say that
> "This PR is invalid. Ignore it" ?

If that could be added to the same email, instead of sending yet another
one, yes.

Would it be possible for Bedevere to run and possibly close *before* the
Knight runs, so we get one less email?

Terry