[python-committers] Auto-merge the backport PR with one core dev approval and all passing CI

Mariatta Wijaya mariatta.wijaya at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 09:44:26 EST 2018

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 9:28 AM, Senthil Kumaran <senthil at uthcode.com> wrote:

> I like to seek one clarification.
>
> I know git has author as well as committer. I am assuming that even if
> miss-islington backports the PR, the author'ship of the patch is still
> preserved.
>
> Is that correct?

Thanks, Senthil.
Currently, the original PR author on master will be credited as a co-author
on backport PRs.
See this example [1] where it says "2 people authored (miss-islington and
csabella) and ncoghlan committed"
If this idea got implemented, I believe it will say "2 people authored
(miss-islington and csabella) and miss-islington committed"

[1]
https://github.com/python/cpython/commit/fea0a12f6bee4a36b2c9533003e33a12c58d2d91