[python-committers] MSDN Subscriptions/Renewals

Steve Dower steve.dower at python.org
Wed Aug 15 11:18:19 EDT 2018

On 15Aug2018 0650, Brian Curtin wrote:
> This will give you access to Microsoft's Developer
> Network, which includes access to things like Visual Studio and Windows
> licenses that we can use for working on Python.

Just to clarify one thing: you don't need a special license to get
Visual Studio Community Edition to work on Python, even within a big
company - it's free for open source work, and has everything we need.

But request the MSDN Subscription anyway. It looks good to have a lot of
demand coming from the Python community :) (plus it should include a
chunk of Azure time if you need VMs, and probably some VSTS bonuses
these days though I haven't checked that).

> Thanks for everyone's work on Python!

+1, and thanks Brian for continuing to coordinate this!

Cheers,
Steve