[python-committers] OK to back-fill "awaiting" labels on open issues?

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Fri Oct 6 17:29:38 EDT 2017

I noticed today that out of about 19 pages of issues, only the first 5 have
"awaiting" labels. Would people object if I back-filled those open issues
lacking an "awaiting" label? For those that have a "changes requested"
review a comment that said roughly "we noticed there's a review asking for
changes; if you already did that then let us know by saying 'I didn't
expect the Spanish Inquisition' and we will update this pull request
accordingly" (the other stages don't have potential false-positives).

The reason I'm asking before coding this up and running it is there will be
some churn in notifications for those issues that get a comment about
"awaiting changes".