[python-committers] Travis skipping the test build

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Tue May 30 19:08:17 EDT 2017

At the moment Travis is not running the test build (it's actually not even
listing it as a build). You can look at master, 3.6, or 3.5 to see that
only the docs and coverage builds are being run:
https://travis-ci.org/python/cpython/branches . I don't know why this is as
it was fine yesterday and then stopped working today. The last change was
from Antoine but its own Travis run ran fine so I don't think that caused
the problem: https://github.com/python/cpython/commits/master/.travis.yml .
If anyone can figure out if this is somehow our fault that would be great
(I can't see how it is).

But the key thing is to be aware that Travis being green just means the
docs built fine. So until this is resolved, try to remember to check if the
coverage test run passes if you want Travis to check your non-doc changes.