[python-committers] Guide to pushing to submitters' repo?

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Thu May 25 10:41:22 EDT 2017

Le 25/05/2017 à 16:05, Zachary Ware a écrit :

> Unfortunately, GitHub does not allow pushing back to refs/pull/*.  To
> get it to set you up to push back to the contributor's repo, you'd
> need to provide the contributor's name and branch name, which is much
> less convenient if you're just looking to try out a patch locally
> without intending to push anything back.  If I can figure out a good
> second alias for that, I'll be sure to share it.

If I knew how to do that, I certainly would :-)

> You may be interested in the `hub` tool, which has a command for
> 'check out this PR and set up a remote for it' (though I can't
> remember what it is at the moment).

Thanks for the pointer.  Unfortunately, it seems that it really wants to
authenticate using username and password (even though browsing a public
project):

$ hub checkout https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/1785
github.com username: pitrou
github.com password for pitrou (never stored): ^C

Regards