[python-committers] The "cherry-pick to *" labels on GitHub are gone

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sat May 13 17:15:07 EDT 2017

On Sat, 13 May 2017 at 12:59 Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> People didn't always remember to add the labels and they were redundant
> with people specifying the branch in the title along with the PR that the
> cherry-pick originated from (e.g. "[3.6] Something changed (GH-12345)").

I should mention that you can still differentiate between a PR that is
specifically targeted at a older branch and a cherry-pick PR. E.g. "[2.7]
Did something" is a PR specifically for Python 2.7 while "[2.7] Did
something (GH-12345)" is a backport based on the fact that "(GH-12345)" is
at the end of the title.