[python-committers] Proposal for procedures regarding CoC actions

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed May 3 15:48:15 EDT 2017

Since this is a matter outside the realm of committers, the
PSF board will have to ultimately decide on any actions taken.

The committers can report issues to the board and provide
information useful for their decisions, the bad actor also has
to be given a chance to respond to allegations and be heard.
Then the board can decide what to do.

The two manuals should not be used or proposed as a guideline
for CoC handling, since they completely ignore the basic rights
of the alleged bad actors to a fair process.

When I was a board member, we had already discussed this at the board
level and used to deal with such issues on a case by case basis,
which always included trying to contact the persons
in questions either directly or via a mediator.

This has worked well and I don't see a good reason to suggest
using a less open and fair approach.

Cheers,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, May 03 2017)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/