[python-committers] Is clang testing necessary?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 12:28:17 EDT 2017

Even if for most changes, testing gcc and clang is useless, I'm in
favor of keeping both for the CI. It doesn't cost much, and it's not
that uncommon that Clang catchs bugs or warnings, than GCC doesn't.

The question is more who checks for compiler warnings in the CI :-)
Currently, you have to dig into logs, it's not really convenient.

Sometimes, I see compiler warnings when I read buildbots stdout. I'm
trying to fix them in a irregular basis :-)

Victor