[python-committers] 4 weeks with the new workflow: what needs changing?

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Tue Mar 14 18:24:22 EDT 2017

> On Mar 10, 2017, at 5:13 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
>
> Is the mention bot helpful? (Our config is at https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/master/.mention-bot <https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/master/.mention-bot> and the docs are at https://github.com/facebook/mention-bot <https://github.com/facebook/mention-bot>)

Just as an FYI, I’ve turned the mention-bot down from mentioning a max of 5 to a max of 3 reviewers. I’m not sure if this is going to help or not, but at the very least it will reduce the number of people getting notified (and thus hopefully, the total number of notifications). If the touched-it-last algorithm is still not useful then that might be all the more it helps, but it might also be a problem trying to get too many useful reviewers out of touched-it-last.

—
Donald Stufft