[python-committers] New ncoghlan-bpo-29537-NEWS branch?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 20:08:54 EST 2017

Le 9 mars 2017 7:32 PM, "Brett Cannon" <brett at python.org> a écrit :

In general I expect none of those branches to live longer than 24 hours as
the PRs they were created for should be merged in less than an hour. If a
branch is older than a day then it means someone probably forgot to delete
the branch after merging a PR.

My main experience with Git is the OpenStack project and in this project
there is no such "temporary" branches.

I didn't know that it was possible to remove an "upstream" branch in Git.

I will see in a few weeks if these branches are an issu in practice or not
;-)

Right now, I'm still a little bit lost in the long list of branches. I have
many local branches too.

Victor