[python-committers] Revert changes which break too many buildbots

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 06:40:21 EDT 2017

> Hopefully reversions will continue to be rare (since relatively few
> changes are likely to be as platform dependent as PEP 538, and
> Windows/*nix differences are already covered in pre-merge CI), but
> when they do come up, the reminder of how to manually trigger
> pre-merge cross-platform CI is likely to be useful, and doesn't
> require much additional effort on the part of the folks doing the
> reversion.

I'm also tolerant. A regression on macOS Tiger matters me less than a
regression on most Linux buildbots. I tried to focus on recent
versions of Windows, Linux, macOS and FreeBSD.

AIX, OpenIndiana/Solaris, OpenBSD, etc. are broken for month. It's ok,
I can live with that :-) But regulary, I propose to drop support for
these platforms ;-) For AIX, I tried to skip a few tests known to fail
on AIX. For OpenIndiana, we should simply remove this buildbot and
replace it with a new IllumOS buildbot.

Victor