[python-committers] Please stop fixing easy issues right now! Leave them as exercices to newcomes

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Fri Jun 2 05:28:42 EDT 2017

Hi,

Le 02/06/2017 à 11:23, Victor Stinner a écrit :

> *Many* people ask me regulary "how to find easy Python issues", and
> the last 3 years, I always failed to find such issues... Many "easy
> issues" are older than 3 years old, have more than 20 comments and no
> compromise has been found how to fix the "easy" issue...

In that case, it's probably reasonable to remove the "easy" tag ;-)

> I propose a new policy for core developers: stop fixing really easy
> issues!

That's a good policy.  I remember doing so some years ago.  Of course,
if some "easy" issue you care about hasn't been fixed for 6 months,
perhaps you can fix it yourself after all.

Also, if some such issues are still unfixed at the eve of a release,
better fix them yourself too.

Regards