[python-committers] New workflow - some questions

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Mon Jul 31 12:50:28 EDT 2017

On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 at 09:05 Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

> On 7/29/2017 4:40 AM, Paul Moore wrote:
>
> As I understand it, https uses stored login credentials, git@ uses ssh
> key.  I use https always.

GitHub has a page dedicated on helping you choose the approach:
https://help.github.com/articles/which-remote-url-should-i-use/. For me
personally, if I'm on Linux (and this includes WSL!) I use SSH, otherwise I
use HTTPS with a credential helper (or put another way: if I can use a
credential helper I use HTTPS, else use SSH).